Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ware Watch 2011: 3/31 Update

Don't remind me. I know this is probably going to end up being a huge waste of time, but I feel like I'm bringing some info to hoops-interested folks like Dawgola and me.

The newest info that I have came from a GoVolsXtra article by Mike Griffith, which details Cuonzo Martin's desire for a face-to-face meeting with Ware before he is granted a release. Some quotes from the article seem way too PC for this to end up well.

“The key is sitting down with him, and if he wants his release, we move forward with that,'' said Martin, who was hired on Sunday. “You want to do what's best for the young man. If he's unhappy, it won't work for him.''

There is a glimmer of hope in some of Ware's comments in the story, however.

“At this point I do want out because I've still yet to be contacted by (Vols athletic director) Mike Hamilton... I feel like I'm being forced to still be signed to Tennessee... I'm trying to do what's best for me and I know nothing about (Martin)... I've been faithfully a Volunteer for two going on three years now."

I sense some irritation in those comments. Hopefully Hamilton's refusal to let him out of his LOI immediately, his outright lies to Ware, and the laundry list of possible impending sanctions that UTk is waiting on and, hopefully, you have a recipe for a patented "Fox Finagling" as I like to call it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...